March 2012 Group Mentoring
Recorded March 13, 2012
- Transition into Law Practice Program (TILPP), State Bar of Georgia
- This event is for newly admitted lawyers in Georgia who are enrolled in the Group Mentoring component of the Transition into Law Practice Program (TILPP). Do NOT register for this event if you are not enrolled in TILPP, or if you are a prosecutor, solicitor, public defender, or if you are enrolled in Inside Mentoring or Outside Mentoring.
- TILPP consists of two (2) components: a continuing legal education (“CLE”) component and a mentoring component. Successful completion of TILPP satisfies your mandatory CLE requirements for the calendar year of your admission and the next succeeding calendar year. (State Bar Rule 8-104 (B)(1)).
- Attendance at this Group Mentoring event satisfies a portion of the Mentoring component requirement; it does not satisfy any portion of the CLE component requirement—No CLE credit is given for this event.
- Douglas G. Ashworth, Director, Transition Into Law Practice Program, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta
Welcome and program overview
Douglas G. Ashworth
avoiding client grievances (Model Mentoring Plan C & D)
Carmen Rojas Rafter, Grievance Counsel, Office of General Counsel, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta
law practice management and fastcase
(Model Mentoring Plan C & D)
Natalie R. Kelly, Director, Law Practice Management Program, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta
Pro Bono Opportunities/military legal assistance program
(Model Mentoring Plan A.6 & H)
- Michael L. Monahan, Director, Pro Bono Project, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta
- Norman Zoller, Coordinating Attorney, Military/Veterans Legal Assistance Program, State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta
Questions and Answers
Panel of Speakers
local bar association opportunities
(Model Mentoring Plan A.3 & B.2)
- Neera Ahufa Bahl, Co-Chair, Multi-Bar Leadership Council; Neera Bahl & Associates, LLC, Atlanta
- Forrest K. Clinard, Co-Chair, Multi-Bar Leadership Council; Law Office of Forrest K. Clinard, Atlanta